Celebrating Eid at Home Due to the Lockdown!
Here simple tips for how you can have a blessed Eid during lockdown.
1) Make Takbeer : As soon you break your fasting on the last day of Ramadan say:
Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, laa ilaaha ill-Allah, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, wa Lillaahi’l-hamd (Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great, there is no god except Allah, Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great , Allah is Most Great, and all praise be to Allah)…and Takbeer will continue till you pray the Eild prayer )
2) Take a shower for the Eid Prayer
3) Pray Eid Salat at home can be done any time between (fifteen or twenty minutes after sunrise until just before the sun passes its zenith.
Note: One school of thought states that Eid salah must be prayed in the Masjid and it is not valid to pray it at home. The Majority of the schools of thoughts allow you to pray Eid salah at home if you miss it in the Masjid (i.e. if you tried to go but you missed the prayer, you should make it up at home). This is based on the Hadith: Imam Al-Bukhari (may Allah have mercy upon him), said: “Chapter: If one misses the ‘Eid (prayer) he should pray two raka’at. [Sahih Al-Bukhari
4) Eat dates in the morning before to pray Eid Prayer
5) How to peform Eid Prayer ?
Eid Salat consists of two ‘Rakats’ (prescribed movements and words during prayer)
A. First, Muslims will make the Niyyah (intention) No need to recite it loudly : ”
B. 1st ruku: Raise both hands put to the ears, and say “Allahu Akbar”, completing the first Takbir to enter in the Salat.
C. Then say Duaa ” Subhanakallahumma, wa bihamdika tabarakasmuka wa ta’ala jadduka wa la ilaha ghairuk (Glory and praise be to You, O Allah. Blessed be Your name and exalted be Your majesty, there is none worthy of worship except You.
D. Then say “Allahu Akbar” (seven times) letting your hands go up with every Allah Akbar. So family mebers do behind you as you lead the prayer or your son. NOTE: some schools OF Fiqh say six times and other say three times and all are OK.
E. Then recite the suarh Fatiha and recite Surah Al-A’la 
F. Then say Allah Akabr bowing down and remain quietly in that position then raise your- self and stand erect ; then prostrate yourself and remain quietly in that attitude; then raise yourself and sit quietly ; and do that with the Scond Rakah (with sunna Thikr)
G. 2nd Ruku: stand Up from Sajdah saying Allah Akbar and When you get up recite extra five time takbireeat, letting your hands go up with every Allah Akbar. So family members can do the same, and then recite Surah Fathiha and then recite surah Surah Al-Ghashiyah 
H. Then bow down and do same like before… after you have made your Sujood (two Sajdah), sit up and silently recite both Tashahhud and Salatul Ibrahimiyyah. At the end of any prayer, you must finish by making Tasleem.
6) Note: Takbeerat of Eid Al Fitr: It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that he used to come to the prayer-place on the morning of the day of Eid al-Fitr, when the sun had risen, and he would recite takbeer until he reached the prayer-place, then he would recite takbeer in the prayer-place until the imam sat down and stopped reciting takbeer.
7) Schedule video meetings with your family
8) Call people up instead of sending a group message
9) Make an effort to create a blessed and celebratory atmosphere at home.
10) Recite Eid takbeerat wherever you go and get the whole family to recite Eid takbeer
11) Give gifts to others – online!
12) 10) Don’t forget to pay Zakat al-Fitr
Zakat al-Fitr is due for each member of your household and it is not valid if given after the time of Eid salah, as those in need must receive the meal in time for Eid. Our recommended rate is $10.00 per person, but if you can give more, that would be better for you!