Our Masjid’s mission is to advance the Islamic faith through the provision of a wide range of spiritual, educational and social services enriched with Islamic values that fulfil the needs of our members and of the wider community.
The following is a brief synopsis of what we do:
Naturally the Masjid offers public worship facilities for the obligatory prayers which are performed five times a day, and the Jummuah, Eid and Taraweeh prayers.
- Spiritual development
Since its establishment, the Masjid has been proactive in the development of spirituality and moral standards in the community.
This is achieved through a wide range of activities including educational lectures, study circles, seminars, events .
- Interfaith issue: Islamic Society of Western Massachusetts is a member of the interfaith council of Western Massachusetts, and we believe in engaging in polite conversation with those of other faiths, in the spirit of mutual understanding and cooperation.
- Counselling Family Issues, Marriage/Divorces, & Others.
- Monthly dinner and barbecue for the Community.
- Youth and Social Development
The Masjid is the cornerstone of any Muslim community, and therefore needs to provide for it’s’ intellectual, social and cultural needs. This role and function has never been more important considering the challenges of the present time.
Among the activities :
- Weekly Ladies programs
- Arabic teaching
- Drugs awareness and health programmes
- Mosque visits & tours for other faith communities
- Sports activities including football tournaments
- Youth focused Islamic lecture.
- Teen activities
- Disaster Relief
Through the Masjid, the community regularly raises funds to support disaster relief efforts. Recent effort: Islamic Society Tornado Task Force
- Funeral Services
The Masjid provides bathing, shrouding and burial services for its members and the local community, and works in partnership with the local authority, the health authority and the coroner’s office to ensure services meets the needs of the Muslim community.