Intense air and missile strikes on a school district and other areas in insurgent-held Damascus suburbs killed dozens of people on Sunday, including children, a monitoring group and local rescue workers said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said unidentified war planes hit the town of Douma, 10 miles (15 km) northeast of the capital, and surface-to-surface missiles fired by the Syrian army also hit the surrounding areas, including Eastern Ghouta….more: reuters.
” and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind”. more: 5:32
Covering the news that the House had voted to bar refugees from the two war-torn countries as the US tightens its border security, Elise Labott, tweeted : “Statue of Liberty bows head in anguish.”…more: huffingtonpost.
- Mastermind behind the Paris massacres is believed to be ISIS executioner and recruiter Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27,
- Vile footage has emerged of Abaaoud toying with bodies of his victims in Syria by dragging them behind his truck
- He is from an area of Brussels known as the ‘Jihad capital of Europe’ and a ‘den of terrorists’ because of terror links
- French police are hunting Salah Abdeslam, 26, whose brother Ibrahim was a bomber. Sibling Mohammed in custody
- Anti-terror police held ‘getaway driver’ Salah on Belgian border in hours after the attack but he was released …MORE: dailymail.co.uk
One commenter, possibly from Syria, reminded them, however, that there was time when Greeks sought refugee in Syria by posting a photograph from the Library of Congress photo archive. The undated photo, entitled “Greek refugees at Aleppo”, shows a group of raggedly dressed people, young boys to the fore, lined up, waiting to be fed. In the foreground, a woman, with a can of some sorts at her feet, stands next to a cart on which something is being cooked. ..more:/damomac.wordpress.com